Professional Duct Repairs in Columbia
Whether or not you decide to have the air ducts in your home cleaned, committing to a good preventive maintenance program is essential to minimize duct contamination. The duct repair professionals at Kaminer Heating and Cooling provide Columbia homeowners with the highest quality service and workmanship in the area.
Our duct sealing and duct repairs can help you save on energy costs by improving the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system. Proper duct repairs and sealing will ensure that your HVAC system is running at peak performance year round. Call Kaminer today and we can help extend the life of your heating and cooling equipment with our Columbia air duct repair service.
To prevent dirt from entering the system:
- Use the highest efficiency air filter recommended by the manufacturer of your heating and cooling system.
- Change filters regularly.
- If your filters become clogged, change them more frequently.
- Be sure you do not have any missing filters and that air cannot bypass filters through gaps around the filter holder.
- When having your heating and cooling system maintained or checked for other reasons, be sure to ask the service provider to clean cooling coils and drain pans.
- During construction or renovation work that produces dust in your home, seal off supply and return registers and do not operate the heating and cooling system until after cleaning up the dust.
- Remove dust and vacuum your home regularly. (Use a high efficiency vacuum (HEPA) cleaner or the highest efficiency filter bags your vacuum cleaner can take. Vacuuming can increase the amount of dust in the air during and after vacuuming as well as in your ducts).
- If your heating system includes in-duct humidification equipment, be sure to operate and maintain the humidifier strictly as recommended by the manufacturer.
To prevent ducts from becoming wet:
Moisture should not be present in ducts. Controlling moisture is the most effective way to prevent biological growth in air ducts. Moisture can enter the duct system through leaks or if the system has been improperly installed or serviced. Research suggests that condensation (which occurs when a surface temperature is lower than the dew point temperature of the surrounding air) on or near cooling coils of air conditioning units is a major factor in moisture contamination of the system. The presence of condensation or high relative humidity is an important indicator of the potential for mold growth on any type of duct. Controlling moisture can often be difficult, but here are some steps you can take:
- Promptly and properly repair any leaks or water damage.
- Pay particular attention to cooling coils, which are designed to remove water from the air and can be a major source of moisture contamination of the system that can lead to mold growth. Make sure the condensate pan drains properly. The presence of substantial standing water and/or debris indicates a problem requiring immediate attention. Check any insulation near cooling coils for wet spots.
- Make sure Columbia air ducts are properly sealed and insulated in all non-air-conditioned spaces (e.g., attics and crawl spaces). This will help to prevent moisture due to condensation from entering the system and is important to make the system work as intended. To prevent water condensation, the heating and cooling system must be properly insulated.
Why Columbia Should Hire Us For Duct Repair Services
We know that an educated Columbian HVAC contractor, using the latest diagnostic tools, can quickly isolate and repair any problem that you might have with your furnace, heat pump, heater or commercial heating equipment. Our goal is to provide our customers with prompt and efficient service. There is always a qualified staff member available for any questions you may have about your heating and air conditioning systems or if you wish to schedule an appointment.
When you hire Kaminer Heating and Cooling, you get a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with the service we have provided, we will refund all of your money. If our Comfort Specialists smoke or swear in your home, are not drug free, do not wear shoe covers or leave your home without cleaning up, you do not pay for the service. We also guarantee your duct repairs will be fixed right or the repair is free. And if a repair fails during the first year, we will repair it again absolutely free.
Our Columbia Air Duct Repair Experts Provide
- HVAC Ductwork
- Air duct repair
- Air duct replacement
- Ductwork repair
- Ductwork installation
- Duct sealing
- Duct repairs
- Air conditioning duct repair
- Ductwork sealing